Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Responsible Netizen


         I will be a responsible user of any computer facility and any social networking sites such as Facebook, Friendster, Tweeter, Blogster, Google Buzz, and so may others. I will not use any means to harm any computer resources. Computers are provided for us mainly for academic use such as research works and advance studies. Much of it has been provided to become very useful to us all and must be used properly.
         I will not be reading other’s files without permission. I believe it should not be done by anybody to show respect and proper values. Computer facilities and personal accounts under somebody’s name is for exclusive use only and that password must remain secret and need not be told to others to maintain security and privacy. If others would allow me to log in to their username, I know I will be held responsible for any misbehavior or misconduct that account may commit when logged in under that username. It is therefore safer and secure not to use others’ accounts when unnecessary.
         And if someone discovers my password, I must immediately change it. To avoid getting others’ password, when someone is typing in his or her password, I should move away so there is no suspicion that I am trying to find out what it is. Obtaining access to facilities by logging in under a username which is not our own is illegal and prohibited if done without permission.
         I will not display any picture on the screen that may cause offense to others especially the children. I must be very careful what to post or put on display because once the pictures are posted, it is to assume that others can see them privately and publicly.
         If someone will offer me a copy of a program, I will make sure that I know what it does before copying it. I should not accept right away what is being readily offered to me.
I also know that destruction or alteration of any information or data on any computer (except of course that under our own username) is regarded as a serious malpractice and so it must be avoided.
          All information that is not our own on a computer must be treated as private and should not be retrieved or opened whether or not we are able to do so. Being a certified netizen user requires responsibility and accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment